This class is suitable for all cyclists, whether you are an amateur or professional, a tourer, racer, commuter or just reserve your bike for sunny days.
Sequencing for the class has been designed with a core series of postures intended to build strength in areas that will improve performance, and stretch areas prone to tightness. Options will be given for many of the postures so that students can tailor movements according to their own bodies while still being challenged with room to progress.
The series of postures will:
- Increase core strength and stability
- Create freedom in the hips and groin
- Stretch key areas in the legs such as the hamstrings and IT band
- Stretch and strengthen the quadriceps
- Open the upper back and shoulders
- Reduce tension in the lower back
While the postures can help to prevent overuse injuries, students will also be encouraged to develop breath awareness and learn to breath more efficiently. They may also encounter side effects such as improved balance and focus!
The class will be every Weds 7 pm – 8 pm at Barlow High School in Didsbury .This class is a drop in session – just turn up and join in. Mats are provided.