Yoga is the ultimate practice for mind and body. Physically it helps to build strength flexibility and balance. Mentally it helps to promote a calm and peaceful mind. This one day course is perfect for men and women of all ages with little or no experience of Yoga. The course taught by Yoga Manchester’s Marie Harris will establish a perfect foundation in Yoga for students to take into a regular weekly class.
On booking onto the course each student will receive:
- A free Yoga Manchester Yoga Mat worth £25
- A foundation in the fundamentals of Yoga – posture, breathing, balance, strength and flexibility.
- Tuition in how to adapt the practice to suit your body
- A simple practice of how to relax properly
- A five class pass to any Yoga Manchester class (worth £32.50) . Once you’ve completed the course you will be able to join any Yoga Manchester weekly class and to help you on your way we will give you your first five classes for FREE.
The course runs from 11:30am – 4:00pm with two 15-min breaks and 45-mins for lunch.
Heaton Mersey Community Centre St Johns Road Heaton Mersey Stockport SK4 3BR
The venue is situated to the right of St John’s Church as you approach & next door to Stella Maris Primary School.
Please contact us to organise payment by bank transfer – or via the green book now button on the left hand side of the page.
Having tried yoga classes previously, I was always left unsure as to whether I was doing it ‘right’. The class helped me to learn about the yoga moves and about how much my body could do at this stage whilst allowing me to feel confident that I would improve over time. I liked the way it was explained that there is no one correct position, but stages of progress in positions. The day was hard work and I ached next day but in a good way! It was a good day.
Imelda Carr, Manchester
I had a fantastic day doing the Beginner Workshop with Yoga Manchester. Charlene’s calm presence and clarity of instruction created a warm environment for learning and exploring, encouraging us to push ourselves without stress or strain. Since the workshop, I’ve been practicing at home and in class, and can really feel the difference in my body and mood. Many thanks!
Karen Quigley, Manchester